These quick homemade pickles are amazing because, unlike with a traditional dill pickle, you don't need to wait a month for the pickling process to be complete. This fresh take gives cucumber slices a real pickle flavour in just a few hours. They're great on sandwiches or as a snack! We love our pickles garlicky and a little bit spicy, but it's easy to adjust the ingredients based on your own taste preferences.
- 1 cucumber
- 3 red chilis
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small bunch of fresh dill
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Slice up the cucumber and place in a glass jar
- Chop up the chilies, garlic, and dill; place in the jar along with the peppercorns and coriander seeds
- In a bowl combine water, white vinegar, salt and sugar; stir to dissolve
- Pour into your veggie filled jar
- Seal and leave in the refrigerator overnight!