Making Monday Pretty: Summer Proof Makeup Tips June 09 2014
Summer is officially here! And although we are welcoming the warm weather with open arms, we don't necessarily like what it does to our makeup. Below are some tips to keep you fresh faced all season long.
1. Introduce primer into your routine. Especially one with silicon which will help yo control oil and shrink the appearance of pores. We love Clinique's Superprime Face Primer which also helps to colour correct blemishes, which means less coverage is necessary later.
2. Lighten your coverage. Less heavy coverage means there is less to slip and slide off the face, we recommend switching to a lightweight foundation, tinted moisturizer or BB cream as soon as the heat hits. We are loving Bare Minerals new Bareskin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation.
3. Try a long lasting cream formula eyeshadow. Even eyeshadow has the tendency to travel into the crease as the day goes on, however the Maybelline Colour Tattoo Cream Gel Eyeshadows will not budge once they have set, and the colours are gorgeous!
4. Switch to a lip tint. Not only will you not have to worry about reapplying every five minutes, but a lip tint won't run outside the lip line. We love the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains for their chubby pencil applicator and huge selection of shades.
5. Control shine on the go. No matter what, shine is inevitable in hot, humid weather so we recommend throwing a pack of oil blotting sheets into your purse. Our summer staple is the Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets as they leave you matte and fresh without any powdery residue.
Have a beautiful (and sunny, hot, summery) Monday everyone!