Making Monday Pretty: How to Bronze Beautifully June 16 2014
Once the summer has rolled around, our inner desire to be a bronzed goddess emerges, and since we're all aware of how bad the sun is for us, bronzer is the easiest way to fake that glow. Below are a few tips and tricks so that your bronzer looks au natural!
1. Choose the right colour. Only ever go two shades darker than your skin tone when purchasing a new bronzer, otherwise the colour will look artificial on your skin.
2. Choose the right formula. Powder is definitely the easiest to work with, and for the most natural effect we recommend choosing a matte formula. Shimmery bronzers can make the skin look greasy if over applied, which is not something you want especially in humid summer weather! If you want a bit of shimmery glow we recommend adding a highlighter to the tops of cheekbones and bridge of the nose after you have applied your bronzer.
3. Use a big fluffy brush. If the brush you use is too dense, it will apply the bronzer to heavily in certain areas and make it harder for you to blend out.
4. Don't apply to your whole face! If you apply bronzer all over it will just look like you applied face powder that is too dark. Our favourite way to apply bronzer is the "3 shape method". Making a large "3", brush bronzer across the forehead, down the temple and across the cheekbone, and then down across the jawline. Repeat on the other side.
5. Don't skip blush. Using just bronzer alone can give the skin a muddy look, applying a light peach or rosy blush will perk up the skin and add to that healthy glow.
Our top three bronzers are Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder, Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer, and the cult fave Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel, all for their fool proof natural formulas and colours!
Have a beautiful Monday everyone!