Making Monday Pretty: Conditioner 101 July 07 2014
1. Use leave-in conditioner for styling. Spray a lightweight leave in conditioner on wet hair, braid it and let it dry and you will be amazed at the full, gorgeous waves left behind! Solid conditioner can also be great for taming fly aways and baby hairs or smoothing out a sexy, slicked back pony.
2. Relieve winter dryness. If you find your scalp is getting a little flaky in the cold winter months, apply a deep conditioning mask directly to the scalp once a month to add deep hydration. A healthy scalp is the first step to healthy hair!
3. Try reversing your shower ritual. Find your hair is lacking that extra bounce? Sometimes no matter how well we think we've rinsed out our hair, conditioner residue remains and weighs down our hair making them limp and lifeless. Next time try conditioning first and shampooing second for extra volume.
4. Avoid your roots. Another way to make sure you aren't weighing your hair down is to avoid the roots when conditioning. Start at the ends and work your way up to the middle, this is the oldest hair and needs the most TLC.
5. You don't need to switch it up. Contrary to many rumours, your hair cannot "get used" to one conditioner so feel free to stick with one once you've found your favourite and don't waste money trying out too many different brands. Instead, treat yourself to a good clarifying shampoo and use it once every 2 - 4 weeks to rinse out any build up.
Have a beautiful Monday everyone!