Making Mondays Pretty: Say Bye to Static December 08 2014
Dry air means dry hair, and that brings dreaded static. We honestly can't think of anything worse to ruin that good hair day than a head full of static, so here are a few tips to help keep it at bay.
1. Get a humidifier. Keep it in your bedroom so that all night it will be adding back moisture to your hair, skin, nails, basically this is a beauty must have for the cold winter months.
2. Use an ionic dryer. If you can skip the blow dryer that is best as it will dry out your locks, but if you must use one (and we totally understand if you must...) we recommend finding an ionic dryer as this will help neutralize the electronic charge that leads to static.
3. Use silicone. Similar to an ionic dryer, using a conditioner with silicone will help coat your hair and neutralize any electric charge so they stay sleek and smooth and strands lay sleek against each other.
4. Metal head. Get yourself a metal comb as hairbrushes can cause friction in your hair and a comb will help to minimize this. Furthermore, the comb being metal will help discharge any electric charges whereas a plastic comb can contribute to the problem.
5. Dryer sheet. If all else fails and you end up with a head full of static, run a dryer sheet all over your strands and it will cut the static right out.
Have a beautiful Monday everyone!