Happy New Year! It's that time of year again...resolution time! Let's be honest, most resolutions are made but not kept, so here are a few little tweaks you can make to your everyday life that will vastly help both the way you look and feel for the rest of the year. Sounds good to us!
1. Drink more water. We know you've heard it before, but it really is an easy way to improve all facets of health and make your skin glow and stay hydrated from the inside the out. And a much cheaper alternative to all those fancy face creams!
2. Sleep, and get good sleep. Sleep is so important to keep your body functioning at an efficient level and keep your cells regenerating and looking their youngest. Try to aim for 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night and try to regulate it by going to bed and waking up at the same time each night. Your body will get used to the cycle and you will find it easier to fall asleep and stay asleep and help you avoid that 4pm slump.
3. Sunscreen! Shocker that this is on the list, right? Even in our cold, dreary winters, sunscreen every day is still a must. Especially when there is fresh snow as UV rays can reflect off the white and right onto your delicate skin.
4. Floss. For some reason we just find this step one of the hardest to work into our routine, but it is still one of the most important! Flossing can accomplish up to 40% of the cleaning alone and can protect you from a multitude of mouth problems. At the very least, do it to keep those pearly whites as white as can be!
5. Don't diet. We know it isn't easy, but rather than use the word "diet" or try to ban anything from your diet, just try to eat mindfully and limit excess junk. We don't know about you, but as soon as we've told ourselves we "can't" have something, its all we want! One of the best pieces of advice we ever heard was instead of telling yourself "I want it, but I can't have it" switch it to "I can have it, but I choose not to put it in my body" and take back the control!
6. Less stress. Stress leads to so many illnesses and can wreak havoc on all areas of your body, one of the best things you can do in 2015 is to figure out what it is that will de-stress you, be it working out, having a pampering bath, or taking a "mental day" from work, and do it!
7. Eat breakfast. In the rush of the morning we tend to forget the most important meal of the day too, so we find being prepared with something easy like yogurt, a hard boiled egg, granola or a grapefruit takes away any excuse. Eating breakfast gets your metabolism going, gives you energy and helps you avoid those mid morning muffin runs.
If you can stick to even just a few of these resolutions you will be well on your way to a healthier and more beautiful you in 2015! Have a beautiful Monday and beautiful new year everyone!