Mani Monday: Colour Block Nails! August 19 2013
Our Demylee sweaters arrive next week and we couldn't help but be inspired by her gorgeous fall colour palette! The Finn sweater, pictured above, is one of our favourite pieces coming with it's easy, casual fit and mix of burgundy and navy. These colour blocked nails are a simple way to change up your usual mani and can be done with any complimentary colours. Here's how we did it!
1. After applying base coat, apple two coats of your burgundy polish. Here we used Recessionista by Essie which can be purchased here.
2. If you have a steady hand, wait a few minutes for the burgundy to dry and then carefully paint a stripe across the middle of your nail with your navy polish and fill in the bottom half of your nail. For this mani we used Roadhouse Blue by OPI which can be purchases here.
3. If you don't have quite as steady a hand, wait for the burgundy polish to completely dry (and we mean completely!) and then use masking tape to block off the top half of your nail.
4. One nail at a time, paint the bottom half of your nail with the navy polish and peel off the tape immediately. If you let the polish dry before removing the tape you risk not getting as clean of a line.
5. Whichever way you choose, let your polish dry for about ten minutes and then apply your top coat. It is important to wait so as not to smear the two colours together while they are still wet.
Enjoy your colour blocked nails and look out for all our amazing new Demylee fall sweaters arriving next week!