Weekly Recipe: Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Muffins December 27 2013
Boxing day is over, but your sale shopping trips have just begun! There's just too many neighbourhoods to hit! You need a portable and filling snack to get you through the day, and we've got just the thing! We've amped up the classic chocolate chip muffin by adding peanut butter and bananas, making it the ideal on the go breakfast. Feel free to nix the chocolate chips by subbing in raisins or pieces of fresh strawberries.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. natural peanut butter
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp.natural vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Put muffin papers in the muffin tins.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs; beat well.
- Stir in peanut butter and bananas.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture. Fold in 1/2 c. chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared tins.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a few extra chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes